Sunday, August 4, 2013

“Excuse me, this is inauthentic. Trust me, I've had pasta in Rome,”


said the pretentious study abroad student... which isn't me! But I would love to share my cultural journey through food that I experienced while studying in Spain and traveling to other countries.

Churros con chocolate
First stop- SPAIN. This was the country I spent four steady months in to study the language and culture. My home was in Granada. This was a southern city in Andalusia. Here you will find Moorish influence, a large hippy population, incredible graffiti by the famous El Nino, some of the hardest to understand Spanish accents, the mountains, the burial of Isabel y Fernando, the beach, elderly couples always holding hands, plenty of bakeries, tea restaurants with hookah, so many tapas (they're free in Granada!!!), an abundance of shawarma joints (best served after a night of discoteca-ing), oil, olives, bread, eggs, and HAM. If you ever have the chance to visit- GO. It is easily one of my favorite places EVER!

Paella

An "american" hamburger found in the
Valencia market. Once my house mom/land lady
tried to make hamburgers out of pork and I
informed her that beef was the traditional way.







SO MUCH HAM
Helado





Tostada con tomate y queso

Patatas bravas
Our Residencia dining area


Tapas!
Second stop- ROME! Pizza, pasta, and gelato for dayssssssssss.
Pizza


Pesto pasta



















Third Stop- Morocco!
Sharing bread

Forth stop- Berlin! 

Turkish food at a flea market. It  is very popular in Berlin.
Incredible beer
My friend trying currywurst!



















Fifth stop- Prague!
Me trying traditional goulash- sounds weird, tastes delicious!
It wouldn't be a trip to London without
Indian food!
Fish and chips!
Sixth (and final) stop- London!



No comments:

Post a Comment