Thursday, August 15, 2013

Spinach and Almond Pesto

A small bag of pine-nuts cost $8?!?! --and that's at a cheaper grocery store too! I suppose I just didn't pay attention while my mom was doing the shopping.

^Problems of a broke college foodie. Anyways, since I couldn't afford the bag of pine-nuts, I found an alternative for the pesto I wanted to make!

Spinach & Almond Pesto
-1/4  cup of roasted almonds (not salted!!)
-1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
-1/2 cup of packed spinach
-1 (or 2 depending on how strong you want it) cloves of garlic
-1/2 cup of olive oil

1. Add the first 4 ingredients to a blender/food processor.
2. Add about half of the oil and blend.
3. Add the rest of the oil and blend to a smooth consistency.
4. Enjoy on practically anything- salads, meats, soup, pizza...






Pesto on pizza
Pesto stuffed mushrooms


No comments:

Post a Comment